Happy New Year and we hope that all of our families found ways to enjoy the holidays with family and friends.
We are currently still able to hold league games, practices and clinics in the same way as we were prior to the winter break. However, as you’ve likely seen in the news, the provincial guidelines and COVID testing requirements are changing quickly.
So, in response, we’ve decided to implement some refinements to our protocols which are below along with a reminder on all current protocols and are applicable to all South Delta Minor Hockey activities until further notice:
- DO NOT COME TO THE RINK IF YOU ARE SICK. If you are experiencing any one of the identifiedCovid-related symptoms, don’t enter the rink until they are all fully resolved. Please let your team manager/safety know if your player is sick.
- A negative Covid test is no longer required to return to the rink for all situations. Follow the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) guidelines on when to get testedbut do not go to the rink while experiencing any of the listed symptoms.
- If any player or team staff member tests positive from this point forward, complete this form as soon as possible. This form helps the association track positive cases more efficiently.
- Return to play following a positive test can only occur when both of the following conditions have been satisfied:
- The required self-isolation period of time following the onset of symptoms has passed. The length of time will be determined based upon the vaccination status of the person impacted and it is expected the impacted player/team staff will apply the time frame as per the BC CDC guidelines; and
- All symptoms have resolved 100%.
- Return to play following a negative test can only occur when all symptoms have resolved 100%.
- Only spectators who are fully vaccinated are permitted into the arena area/dressing rooms.
- Players do have the option to arrive partially or fully dressed to reduce the amount of time in the room ahead of the game if they feel more comfortable, with the option to not use a dressing room at all for practices and clinics.
- Masks are required to be worn:
- By spectators: At all times for all who are 5 years of age or older.
- By players: At all times except when their helmet is on. Masks must be put back on immediately following their ice time and their helmet is taken off.
- By team staff: At all times except when they are on the ice during practice. When coaches are speaking, they must have their mask covering their mouth and nose – they cannot pull it down to be heard more clearly. Coaches are required to have a mask in their pocket during practices should they need to assist an injured player or speak in close proximity to any other coach or player. Coaches may also choose to wear a mask while on the ice. HCSP and team managers must wear a mask at all times.
- Those who have recently travelled outside of Canada must follow all travel protocols and isolation mandates as per the Government of Canada.
- Be sure to update your availability on TeamSnap for all upcoming ice times as soon as you know so the team staff can plan accordingly.
- If you do have to engage in a carpool situation with members from outside of your immediate household, we ask that you follow every precaution possible including having all those in the vehicle wear a mask at all times and have a window down a bit if possible to increase air flow throughout the vehicle.
Please note that as we receive updates from the PHO and City of Delta, things can be altered, and these protocols are subject to change with notice. We thank everyone for your support and patience as we navigate through this period, sharing our commitment to keeping all our participants safe and keeping our kids on the ice.