Spring 2020 is anything but normal. We recognize that it is a challenging and uncertain time for everyone and we are continuing to monitor COVID-19 developments. We are working closely with our governing bodies, skills providers, and facilities partners to actively plan for the 2020-21 season, recognizing that there continues to be uncertainty about when the start of that might be. We are optimistic that by Fall 2020 we will be in a position to welcome hockey back into our lives and see our hockey community back at the rink.
One of the key considerations to our planning is an accurate estimate of registration numbers in each division so it is important that we proceed with a registration process. SDMHA registration will open as planned on May 1, 2020 for returning & new players. Please note that all fees will be fully refundable if the season is cancelled. If the season is delayed we will push back the dates for installment payments and notify the membership.
Changes to Registration for the 2020-21 Season
We have made the following changes to our Registration Protocols for the 2020-21 Season given the current situation:
• Returning & new player registration for the 2020-21 Season will open on May 1.
• Extended deadline for early-bird registration
• Register on or before June 30th and you will receive the early-bird rate.
• You will also have the option to pay by credit card installments – $200 at time of registration (per player) and the remainder split equally among August 15th, September 15th & October 15th.
• If you choose to register after June 30th you will be subject to a $50 increase in registration fees per player and will not have an option to pay by credit card installments.
• Payments can also be made by E-transfer; however this option does not allow for installment payments.
• The payment deadline for E-transfer payments to receive the early-bird deadline is June 30.
• E-transfer payments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDMHA is moving regular season registration to TeamSnap from the Hockey Canada Registry. You will need to know your players Hockey Canada ID. You can find this on your Hockey Canada registration receipt from previous seasons. We will email all returning players last season’s Hockey Canada registration receipt prior to registration opening. Please keep the Hockey Canada ID numbers of your players in a safe place.
Please note that our payment plan offered in previous seasons is not available as we move over to the new Team Snap platform. If you are in need of financial assistance or a different payment plan option, please email email@example.com or our Treasurer, Scott Stoilen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following organizations offer financial assistance:
ATHLETICS 4 KIDS: https://www.a4k.ca/
GRINDSTONE FOUNDATION: https://grindstoneaward.com/
Further updates regarding registration, our AGM & the upcoming season will be communicated as details are confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Administrator at email@example.com