SDMHA VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD
In Honour of Barb Herold
SDMHA Volunteer Service Award Criteria
Barb Herold was an active member of South Delta Minor Hockey Association as a volunteer and as the Associations administrator for 11 years. Barb retired in 2014 and leaves a legacy of tradition and passion for the hockey association. This award was created in her honour by the SDMHA Executive Board 2014-15.
- The award is to be presented on a yearly basis to a SDMHA member at the annual AGM.
- Nominees actions must promote the ideals and core values of the game of hockey and of the South Delta Minor Hockey Association
- The general membership can nominate a member of the association who has a minimum of 5 years volunteering with the association as an executive member, division manager, coach, team manager, safety person, or whom has volunteered in another capacity. The award is also open to those members that have coordinated or chaired an association event or tournament or who has been involved as a volunteer with PCAHA, BC Hockey, Hockey Canada or the IIHF. The 5 years minimum criteria is based on the collective time a member has volunteered in various roles.
- Sponsors, partners, contractors and any other community stakeholders who meet the criteria for garnering the award are also eligible.
- The nominees can still be actively involved with the association or as a retired as a member of the association.
- Members are to submit nominations to the association administrator by April 15th of each year using the nomination form found on the website.
- The names of all nominees will be forwarded to the nomination committee as selected by the Executive for review. The committee will review all applications and chose a recipient. The name of the recipient will be presented to the Executive prior to the AGM.
- The award will be presented at the annual general meeting of the membership (AGM) on a yearly basis.